Thursday, October 8, 2009

Early October

So it's already October, wow time is flying.

A cool day today, I had my culinary day at Le Cellier. I got to dress up like a cook, and go from station to station and learn about how all the food is made, and taste some dishes. I am vegan though, so there wasn't much I was able to tasted. I tried the tomato stack and the potato gnocchi, both of which I highly recommend. Had to answer a lot of questions about being Vegan, which is ok, it'll be odd working in a steakhouse where there aren't a lot of vegan options.

A couple days before my culinary day, Jeremy, Melanie and I went off to Animal Kingdom on one of our days off. Since we are still pretty new Jeremy and I's days offs keep changing from week to week, and it's one of the few times that we got a day off on the same day. And when we found out that Mel had the day off too, we planned to head out to AK after sleeping in a bit. And of course, we brought along some of our little friends too. They were excited to visit a park for the day.






We went on a Safari that was great, a lot of animals that aren't always around (black and white rhinos, and three baby elephants!), they were all pretty active. One of the better safari's I've been on. We also went over and rode Everest, Dinosaur, and did lots of searching for Hidden Mickeys along the way. Did a nature walk, saw some great characters, and caught the Lion King show.





Eventually we started to get tired, so we decided to head over to Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kindani Village. I know I've been there a lot, but they have a Vegan menu with some great options, so I keep going back, and bringing new people. Mel seemed to really like it, and Jeremy and I always enjoy a little indian food.

I think Tink, Mickey and the Clone Trooper ate quite a bit too, they seemed very satisfied at the end.






This weekend is Canadian thanksgiving, so I'm sad I won't be home with the family for our usual celebration. But the canadians here are going to get together for a little celebration (after a full day of work). I'm planning to cook some good vegan cuisine for many to enjoy, so we'll see how everybody likes it. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment