Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Hey everybody,

I'm not feeling 100% today, but I'm gonna get everybody caught up on what's happening.

So where did we leave off?
I'm not sure, but let's see if I remember December.

Working as a food runner all month, the money is much nicer. But socially it makes things more difficult. Most nights I get home too tired to do much but sleep, and then it's back to work the next day. So I haven't got out as much as I would like to.

But I did play golf a few days before christmas, which was awesome mostly because it was late in december and I was playing golf. The problem was I sent my clubs back to Canada with my car (I miss my car), so I had to rent clubs, that were very different from mine. So I played like crap, really really bad. But since if I was back in Canada I wouldn't be playing golf at all, I can't complain too much.

The next day I went to Universal with David, I was planning to buy a 2010 seasons pass while I was there, but I somehow ended up buying a 2009 seasons pass. I was tricked. Anyway, we also bought the fastpass option, so we could skip the lines. It was really cool, I hadn't been to Universal in many years, so a lot had changed, including the addition of the whole islands of adventure thing (rides like the Hulk, Spiderman, dueling dragons). I'm looking forward to Harry Potter place opening up in 2010. The rides are a lot more intense than the ones you find at disney, so hopefully I'll get a 2010 seasons pass soon and get to go back a few more times.

The coolest thing though was when we went over to Universal they were looking for volunteers to walk a balloon in the macy's parade, so David and I signed up, and were taken backstage for a little bit of training. I was on the Candy Cane balloon, and David was on the Artie the Pirate balloon. It was fun, and neither of our balloons popped, so that's good.

Another cool thing was that on Monday before christmas, at Games I was named as one of the new presidents! My co-president is Rachanne, who is awesome. So on monday nights me and her will be hosting and choosing games and keeping it going.

Then Christmas happened, on Christmas Eve, one of the servers (Sean), held a get-together with some canadians and a huge home cooked feast, including some vegan ravioli for me, which was fantastic. The dude can cook. I got to chat with my family on christmas morning, which was good, but tough. The holidays are always a big family event for me, so it was hard not being there with them.

Next comes New Years, I'm working on New Years Eve until 10, so I'll probably just hang out until midnight and celebrate at Epcot. That's the plan anyway.

So that's December in a nutshell, we'll see what January holds. I'm hoping it will include moving into Service, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment