Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's been too long!

December 5th.

So November happened, I can't believe I haven't updated the blog in that long a span. Sorry about that, I'm going to try and remember November.

Food and Wine at Epcot came to an end, and there was much rejoicing. It was a cool event, but for a Vegan like me, it wasn't as much fun as for the omnivores, if they had more vegan options I probably would have gone and tried more things. Oh well.

The Halloween party at Magic Kingdom ended, so that means a week later the Christmas party at Magic Kingdom started. I went with some canadians on one of the first days, it was a lot of fun. A Christmas Parade, Christmas Fireworks, Christmas Shows, Hot Chocolate and Cookies, and Space Mountain was open!! We rode it 3 times, I love that ride.

Probably the 2nd most significant thing that happened to me in November was that I started Food Running at Le Cellier. This is a very good thing, Food Runners get tipped by the servers, so I'm going to actually have some money (most of it which I'll need to send home to pay bills, but that's not important right now). It's also a much faster pace, which is nice, the Podium stuff was fun for a while, but it's good to be doing something different now. After food running for a while, I'll eventually get trained as a server, which is what I'm really really looking forward too.

The shifts are very long though, so I'm pretty tired these days, and don't get to have fun with the other canadians as much. But at least it's a step in the right direction.

The Most significant November event? I became an Uncle again! My older brother welcomed a new addition to their family, Keagan, and I got to see him briefly over skype. December is going to be tough, I always miss my family and friends, but over the holidays it's magnified that much more. Hopefully I'll get to talk and see them, even if it's over the phone or computer.

-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment