Sunday, September 20, 2009

La Nouba, One Full Month

Time has flown by so far, a couple days ago I celebrated my 1 month anniversary here at Disney. (by celebrated I mean it happened, I didn't actually celebrate it, no champagne or anything). So what's happened recently?

Jeremy and I have started a movie night group, on Sunday evenings we try to get people together to watch DVDs. It's run for two weeks, we watched Best In Show (and Dr. Horrible's sing a long blog). and then Bella.
There is some tweaking we need to do in order for more people to be able to enjoy it, such as starting the movies earlier, but we're working on it. We have lot's of DVDs to get through, so hopefully we can keep it up.

I also went to se La Nouba, which is the Cirque de Soliel show here in Disney World. It was pretty damn cool, a lot of really cool acts, but the characterization and the story telling behind them was really neat. It was very impressive the whole way through. Also went to Earl of Sandwich, where i had a Veggie sandwich (roasted red peppers, cucumber, etc). It was pretty good, but I would have liked more options. I really need to hit a vegan restaurant one of these days. (though I am starting to cook more of my own meals, so that's good)

I'm done all my training at the Canada pavillion, and have worked the popcorn cart and Front of House inside the restaurant. It's now time for me to start studying the menu so that I can spiel and eventually become a server. Of course, knowing my studying habits, that could take a while. I might have to pretend that it's actually a script I have to learn by a certain off book date, I think that's the only way I'll get it done.

Also, I miss hockey. Being down south nobody seems to notice that hockey season is right around the corner, except for my fellow canadians. I've been watching pre-season games online, and I'm looking forward to the season, I only wish I could watch them on my TV!

Oh well. Things are great here, though I'm still waiting for the temperature to cool down.
Hope everyone back North is doing well too!

-Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment