Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Earned my ears!

Haven't posted in a little while, as work has me getting home exhausted at 11:30 or so, and most nights I can't be bothered to post on the blog at that point. But I figured I'd try to squeeze one in now.

So I have earned my ears, or at least my first set of ears. At the Canada pavilion food and beverage there is the Popcorn cart and Podium. I started out at podium, so I had 4 days of training to learn all the different podium jobs. Now that I completed my trading I was able to take off the "earning my ears" flag from my nametag. So now it just says "Dan, Guelph, Canada" I want it to say "Dan, Guelph, Ontario" but apparently I'd have to pay for a new nametag, and I'm kind of broke right now.

I'm having a lot of fun, the canadians here have been great to work with, and everybody has been really supportive. Met some movie buffs, and people who aren't all about drinking, so hopefully I'll have somebody to see some movies with. Also I'm talking to some avid golfers, so I'm hoping to get out and hit the golf courses around with my cast discount!

I do miss home, but getting to know everybody here is making things a bit easier. I'm glad to have started working, as it is fun interacting with the guests, and enjoying the company of my fellow Canucks.

So now I'm just waiting for all of you to come down and visit!

-Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment