Saturday, August 29, 2009

Actually working

Today I had my first full day of actually working as a cast member, in costume (sorry, no photo's yet, but hopefully soon!). I start inside the restaurant as a seater. Lots of things to learn, but I tried to keep up, and by the end of the day I was seating guests by myself in various areas of the restaurant.

Met lots of canadians today, they were all very very nice to me, as it took me a little while to get going on everything. But I had a good time, chatting with guests about their stay, and getting them ready to eat in the restaurant.
It's one of the busiest restaurants in all of Disney, and was fully booked all day. Things got a bit crazy at some points, but the cast was very good at keeping things going and helping each other out.

I even got to trade pins for a bit today, which was fun. Although for some reason I kept getting princess pins in return...

I'm really enjoying things so far, it's nice to finally get into work and start meeting people, seems like a really great group. I've got plenty more training to go through before I start working shifts on my own.

I also spent my day off at Epcot, riding Test Track and Soarin, and visiting the many different countries represented. I do hope to get to see more of the parks, but I don't get another day off until next Thursday.

Hope all is well back in Ontario!

-Dano

1 comment:

  1. You were missed at FANeXpo, Record attendance, Fire marshalls, a couple arrests and lots of fun. I even won at poker!

    ReplyDelete