Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've been Traditioned

Yay, I now have a Disney ID, and a Disney name tag (which says Dan and not Daniel, phew! Not that Daniel would be bad, but I'm not used to it). Haven't received my costume yet, that should be Friday.

So what is Traditions? It's your first day of work at Disney, where you learn about the history of disney, the business standards that you are expected to uphold, and various policies that make Disney the place it is. It takes a long time, but the Tradition team tries to make it fun. (they give out little figurines for participation, I got 3. I'm awesome). It wasn't my original Traditions group, so I was there with a different kind of group, lots of security guards in training, costuming and entertainment people. Who knows, having friends in security might be a good thing down the line.

So now that I have an id, that means I can start going to the parks on my days off. Sweet. It'll be good to get into the swing of things. Falling behind hasn't been fun, so I'm looking forward to getting to Epcot, and starting my training for real. I still have a bit of classroom stuff to get through, but I have a schedule now, so it's kind of exciting.

I'll make some more posts, once I get more training, and get a costume. Stay Tuned!

-Dano


I thought this would make Lisa jealous. The Publix near my apartment has Coconut Milk Yogurt. I haven't tried it yet, but I will let you know how it is.


Tink, Stormtrooper and Mickey like my new TV.


Tink was helping me cook up some grub. They've got earth balance here too, phew!


Stormtrooper knows I need to shave before I head off to traditions early in the morning.



Mickey says that 5:30 is too early to get out of bed. I tend to agree, but didn't want to miss Traditions again.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am jealous. Let me know how it tastes because Mom and I are going to MI this weekend and I can stock up on all the US brands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calli likes that Tink is helping out,
    Sebastian would like to let you know it's a clone trooper not a stormtrooper.
    Xavier likes that Mickey sleeps with you.

    Cute pics, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, clone trooper, that's what I meant.
    Sorry, the florida sun must be getting to my head.

    ReplyDelete