Friday, August 21, 2009

Thrown In, the DMV and movie time

Ok, I'm going to try to add some pictures to this post. So we'll see how that goes.

The other night we had our "Throw-In", we were invited to a pre-party where we spoke to some current Canadian cast-members about their experiences here, and where they tried to scare us about what the "Throw-In" would entail. We were told to where something Canadian, so of course I sported a Leafs Jersey.

I can't reveal too much about the throw-in, as future canucks might read this. But it was a lot of fun, we met a lot of people, were assigned an elder sibling to watch over us (my big sister is 10 years younger than me...). And enjoyed some beverages. There was also a rousing singing of Oh Canada.

The next day was more training about what can get us terminated and deported. Those seem to be important details. We ended the night visiting the family (Mom and Matt) before they headed home. And went to have a fantastic dinner at Kouzzina's (by Cat Cora) on the Boardwalk. The chef made a great vegan meal for us. It was awesome.

Also, the tiny tv has been replaced (having your mom in town is a good thing). I now have an HDTV that while small is full HD capable. excellent...

Today was my first day off since moving in, and I took complete advantage by spending about 5 hours at various DMV's or driving too and from. I forgot a form with my new address the first time, then the computer system went down, then they didn't know if I could register my car, all very confusing.
In the end, I have a Florida Driver's License (just a temp right now, the real one is coming in the mail.) and was able to get a parking sticker so I can have my car where I live. The security guards are much friendlier now.

After a nap, Jeremy, Alana and I went to downtown Disney to the AMC to see Inglorious Basterds, which was great, very graphic and funny. I recommend it to all, especially Tarantino fans.

Tomorrow (really early), I head over to Disney University for "Traditions" which is the main Disney training course. Should be interesting once I wake up. I also will be getting my Disney Pass (free access to all parks!) and Disney nametag. I'll be sure to take some pictures of those.

Miss you all, hope all is well. I heard there were some tornados in the Toronto area the other night. I think the Hurricane that is nearby here is going to miss us, but it's been really rainy down here. And hot!

-Dano


Some current lumberjacks offering us warnings of what's to come. And pizza.













My big sister with her new adopted brothers.













My bedroom, fancy eh?













Here's the kitchen, not too shabby. Stove, dishwasher, fridge.












The common room. See the tiny TV I was dealing with? That is actual size.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you and Jeremy are settling in and having fun with the Canadian contingent. I wanted to let you know that I read in the Toronto star this week that plaid is the big style trend for fall-seriously, how lucky for you!
    I finished my run 30 mins before the tornados arrived in Toronto. I watched the show from my condo, it was wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off, dano....i did not know you had a blog. why didn't u share! second i will be lookin for references for me...and third, thanks for the oh so flattering photo of me, ali and kate! i think u've really captured craig at his drunkness! haha

    ps this is craig if u werent aware

    ReplyDelete