Sunday, August 23, 2009

The problems with being a hippy.

First I lost my beard, then I lost my hair. I look weird.

So here's the story, when working for Disney, the first day of work is a training class called "Traditions" it's a pretty big deal, they tell you all about the history of the company, and how to treat the "Guests".
However, I was not allowed to attend.

When I arrived, I was told to stand to the side, and a manager came and told me that I didn't have the Disney Look. My hair was too long...
So I was sent home and told I had to get a hair cut and come back for the next available class. Hopefully on Tuesday. Until then, I can't do much of anything (no working until you do Traditions!).

There was one other guy that wasn't allowed in, Stefan from Norway, so we went and got a hair cut, and hung out for a bit. He's a good guy, and in the future he'll help introduce me to some of the lovely ladies from Norway.

So it's been a pretty uneventful couple days. I'm watching movies, playing games, and relaxing until I get to do Traditions.
Once that happens, I should have some more things to post about.

I did get out to see Inglorious Basterds (great movie) and District 9 (cool sci-fi flick). so that's something. But I'm looking forward to starting to work (I know, that's weird coming from me, right?). Living in a dorm room can get boring, and I'd like to get to know more of the Canadians.

3 comments:

  1. not shaved bald, but pretty close.
    No picture yet, I don't like any of the ones I take myself. I'll get Jeremy to take one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete